Me Creator 2 Y-Motor is slipping

Nott

Me Creator 2 Y-Motor is slipping

Post by Nott » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:35 am

Hey guys,

yesterday i received my new Me Creator 2, so I got to get started with it today.
After setting up everything as described in the manual I tested the motors. X and Z seems to work fine but the Y-axis won't move more than a few millimeters before the motor just starts to slip, which results in a loud chattering noise without any movement.
I checked the the mechanical parts (as far as this is possible from the outside) but I don't see any obvious damage.
I know that other threads recommends to check the stepper-driver and its voltage, but since the Me Creator 2 is fully assembled and I can't find a documentation on how to correctly disassemble this parts, I'm afraid of causing damage by just messing around.

Is there a description on how to open the device to check the electronics or can this problem be caused by something else?

William
Site Admin

Re: Me Creator 2 Y-Motor is slipping

Post by William » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:49 pm

hi,
first,check the Y axis motor if it works;
second,check the Y axis gears and belts if they're right.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Nott

Post by Nott » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:22 am

Hi,
first,check the Y axis motor if it works;
Well, that's the problem (sorry if this wasn't clear in my previous post):
The problem is that the Y axis motor doesn't move but instead produces the loud chattering.

I checked the gears and belts again and as far as I can tell everything looks fine here.
It seems like there is a problem with the motor or his controller (which i can't check for the reasons i mention in my previous post)

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Check if your Y motor cable is loose,re-plug it if possible.

Concerning the motherboard,it is at the bottom of your printer.I guess you'll find it after you turn it upside down.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Nott

Post by Nott » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:34 am

Hi,

I checked the connectors off the motor and on the board and they are all correctly plugged.
I also measured the voltage of all of the drivers and they are all between 0.8V and 1.2V as recommended.

Below is an image of the board, maybe this helps - beside that, which of the drivers is responsible for the Y-axis? I thought about swapping it with another to see if the problem persists.
meecreator2.jpg
meecreator2.jpg (429.69 KiB) Viewed 10755 times

Nott

Post by Nott » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:16 am

Hi,

seems like I got it somehow working. The slide somehow blocked the movement at two spots which I could resolve by moving it up and down by hand for quite some time.
Maybe there was some dirt or something causing this issue.
Now it works at least in the center as expected and only with small stutters on the edges which I hope I'm able to resolve too.

bang

Post by bang » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Maybe you can try some lubricating oil?