My iDuino Shield doesnt join my local network

kinematik

My iDuino Shield doesnt join my local network

Post by kinematik » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:32 pm

Hello, I have two question in relation to the Iduino Shield I recently purchased.

I am using it together with an Arduino One official board, I am powering the Shield through 9Vdc Vin pin, and the LEDs, and my main Workstation uses linux, therefore I have available nice network debugging tools. I can join the iDuino in the local Address 192.168.240.1, and change the parameters, but I can not go further.

First of all, I would like to update the Firmware. Is there any Geeetech official firmware, or do we have to install the official Dragino Firmware located in https://github.com/dragino/openwrt-yun ?
The firmware version in my iDuino is the following:

Code: Select all

Firmware Version: Iduino-V1 geeetech-2.0.2 
Build Time: Wed Jan 14 17:10:01 CST 2015 
It would be great to have this information more available in the Wiki. I couldn't find any reference to the iDuino firmware all over the web.

My second question is related to the fact that I can not join the iduino board to my local network, after a long reset (>30sc) I can go to the iDuino Web page and change the parameters, but then when I start the board It never joins, and i is not visible in my local network.

I am trying now using the Ethernet port, but . Is there anything else I need to do, that it is not explained in the Geeetech and Arduino wiki?

Thank you in advanced!

Mark

Re: My iDuino Shield doesnt join my local network

Post by Mark » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:53 am

There is no such firmware, only have some bin files. I can mail to you if you want.

kinematik

Post by kinematik » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Yes, thank you, please if you can mail it to me,. Aren't you going to publish it in te web page?

I would like to update the firmware because I also found that my iduino YUN shield ha some estrange behaviour when it tries to join my local network, yesterday it brought the whole network down twice as soon as I selected WPA2 encryption.

Would it be also possible to flash the standard Linino .bin files?

kinematik

Post by kinematik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Afer some tests, my iDuino YUN is automatically joining my WiFi home network.

I did not find my process in the user guide, therefore I'd rather share my findings with the forum: After changing the factory WiFi configuration to my local wifi (SSID and WPA Password), I could not see my board in the network using the nmap tool, however I was able to navigate to the local address: www.iduino.local, and there it was my iduino setup page. After giving again my WPA-PSK password the board joined the network.

I am not sure if it makes sense, a rough explanation would be that the iduino board sends an uPnP/Avahi/Network discovery message, before publishing its real IP address to be visible.

But I can now enjoy working with Arduino and Linino together in the same device, but I think that Geeetech should openly publish all their firmware in the web, and not delivering it under request.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:54 pm

We are planning to publish it later sometime, and if anyone want them now, we'll send it to him.

Bournetoride

Post by Bournetoride » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 am

How much later?