printing horror show

Ade O

printing horror show

Post by Ade O » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:45 am

im having some trouble with my A20T ive tried to print multiple items now and even with cura a2ot profile from the downloads but im still having problems with zits and stringing here are some pics to show I have set my retract up to 10mm and tried various temps it has to be said my first print I did off the sd card that came with the printer was so so crisp it was amazing but since then well
please help
ade

Ade O

Re: printing horror show

Post by Ade O » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:10 am

sorry pics didn't go on ill try here as you can see its horrible
Attachments
cube gear1.jpg
cube gear1.jpg (232.17 KiB) Viewed 14678 times
sml cat1.jpg
sml cat1.jpg (103.42 KiB) Viewed 14678 times
multiple cats1.jpg
multiple cats1.jpg (144.24 KiB) Viewed 14678 times

Ade O

Post by Ade O » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:27 am

ok so yesterday I calibrated my extruders on my A20T today ive spent bent over a hot printer printing off the retraction calibration stl and slicing it using cura no matter how I try increasing and decreasing retraction values retraction speeds hot end temp and z hop values each test print is coming out the much same except if I increase z hop too far then well you can imagine'
cura 4.5 allows up to 10mm retraction distance and speeds up to 70mm/s but all the prints are coming out much the same still so I jumped over to repetier host as you can increase the retraction distance further but no exactly the same what am I doing wrong.
please help
ade
Attachments
retraction1.jpg
retraction1.jpg (171.31 KiB) Viewed 14604 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:21 am

Hi,the possible reasons for this situation are:
1. The model is too complicated and the model size is too small.
2. Model cooling is not enough. 3. Withdrawal parameter of model setting

Treatment:
1. Reduce the sharp corners, thin walls, and cantilever structure design through model processing.
2. Increase the wind power of the cooling model fan. 3. Adjust the drawback speed and distance (do not exceed the drawback distance Over 6mm)

Hope to help you!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Ade O

Post by Ade O » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:47 am

thankyou for your reply the model is the simple retraction test model from thingiverse just two simple posts on a flat base the rest between the posts is unwanted material from the nozzle its so many strings and blobs that it dose look like a much more complicated model so you see the extent of my woes however i figured this way if this liquid from the nozzle is too liquid that may be the problem and no amount of retraction will be able to suck that liquid back up its just going to keep dribbling so i reduced the hotend temp down to 190 as an experiment and blow me if i I haven't got my first clean print of this retraction test model and my very first clean print of wooden cat BY pmoews from thingiverse
im going to carry on experimenting to see at what point when increasing the temp the problem rears its head again

thanks mate
Ade

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 am

Hi,my friend,looking forward to your feedback, if you have any questions, you can raise them again to discuss together.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Oli99959

Post by Oli99959 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:19 pm

I have the same issue. I reduced the temperature to 180°C and still have this issue.
Could it be caused by the quality of the PLA?

Ade O

Post by Ade O » Tue May 12, 2020 1:08 am

hi I found on the net a you tube video by 1zradio he walks you through the cura settings wonderfully to get rid of all the problems to also print a 2 or 3 coloured lizard brilliant
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2rzw ... 5vBHdQED2A
its a great place to start and begin to understand cura a little since then ive enjoyed printing and not so down hearted
you just need to put up with his drone and concentrate it took me a while aand much pause alter cura play to set up but once done I even managed to do great prints in 3 colours and how to set up virtual extruders to maby have a pallet of up to 7 colours from the 3 physicl extruders by mixing the colours in virtual extruders in cura

I hope this helps you as much as it did me

Ade

Bobertino

Post by Bobertino » Wed May 20, 2020 3:10 pm

If you are printing a single colour make sure the other 2 filaments are pulled out of the hot end slightly. I found that it was causing issues with retractions not relieving the pressure in the hot end. Made an instant difference when I realised after doing the multicolour test print.

I now have it taken care of automatically in the code I use, but very frustrating till I realised.

Worth a look.

Oli99959

Post by Oli99959 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Bobertino wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:10 pm
If you are printing a single colour make sure the other 2 filaments are pulled out of the hot end slightly. I found that it was causing issues with retractions not relieving the pressure in the hot end. Made an instant difference when I realised after doing the multicolour test print.

I now have it taken care of automatically in the code I use, but very frustrating till I realised.

Worth a look.
Hi,

Can you share the gcode you are using please?