Silicon Rubber Heat pad on Prusa I3 A Pro Aluminum

dethtungue

Silicon Rubber Heat pad on Prusa I3 A Pro Aluminum

Post by dethtungue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:36 am

I've purchased a 12v Silicon Rubber heating pad for the Aluminum bed that came with my GT Aluminum Prusa I3 A Pro. I purchased this pad from E3d but there are no instructions with it.
http://e3d-online.com/Electrical/Compon ... -Mat-200mm

It has three wires, two orange one black. Most similar units list the Black cable as the thermistor sensor cable. The two Orange go to the HB block on the GT Box control board. However the Thermistor sensor mount on my GT Box board has two pins. Any suggestions on how to connect this thermistor cable? Any changes needed in the Arduino code?

William
Site Admin

Re: Silicon Rubber Heat pad on Prusa I3 A Pro Aluminum

Post by William » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:39 am

dethtungue wrote:I've purchased a 12v Silicon Rubber heating pad for the Aluminum bed that came with my GT Aluminum Prusa I3 A Pro. I purchased this pad from E3d but there are no instructions with it.
http://e3d-online.com/Electrical/Compon ... -Mat-200mm

It has three wires, two orange one black. Most similar units list the Black cable as the thermistor sensor cable. The two Orange go to the HB block on the GT Box control board. However the Thermistor sensor mount on my GT Box board has two pins. Any suggestions on how to connect this thermistor cable? Any changes needed in the Arduino code?
Hi,
I think you'd better ensure how many wires in the black cable.If there were two,that's good.If only one wire in it indeed,you can connect the positive electrode of 2-pins on your board regardless of the negative electrode.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

dethtungue

Re: Silicon Rubber Heat pad on Prusa I3 A Pro Aluminum

Post by dethtungue » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:53 am

That was it! The black wire's insulation was concealing two wires.
Thanks.