functionally configured i3 c dual extruder anyone?

yeayeahchino

functionally configured i3 c dual extruder anyone?

Post by yeayeahchino » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:47 am

Does anyone have an i3 pro c dual extruder that is operational? If so could you be good enough to send me some screen shots of your configuration files? I have worked my way through the majority of the bugs on mine but I am off on my homing and the height of the extruders.

Mark

Re: functionally configured i3 c dual extruder anyone?

Post by Mark » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm

"I am off on my homing and the height of the extruders"
what's the problem of your homing?

yeayeahchino

Post by yeayeahchino » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:20 am

When my print begins the x & y axis extends completely and the z axis is too high. Are these firmware or software correctable? It is obviously user error, lol. I was using Mattercontrol and was able to actually get the configuration cube to print but it was not easy and required me to pause the print after it began and manually adjusting the axis to get them in the desired place. I have since started using the suggested software and have come close to printing but no luck just yet.

yeayeahchino

Post by yeayeahchino » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:58 am

When I start the print the Y axis pushes out all the way, the X axis also extends to its limit and the Z axis is too high to reach the print bed.

ritzy

Post by ritzy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:44 pm

The Z is a mechanical change you need to do and the other is firmware i think.

All of the Stops are what tell the software the home position.
So if the bed (Y axis) is at 50 but the software thinks it's at 20 when you home it this will now be it's 0 point.
So if the Y has a total of 200 it will then allow you to move 200 from the home position.
So for the Z axis issue this is done by adjusting the Z stop screw. I find that using a calliper to level the bed. Then put put the extruder's in the middle of the bed. Then using two pieces of paper I adjust the Z stop screw till the hight is correct.

Sounds like your Firmware is also wrong. You'll need to change a setting in the firmware. Just change True or False in the settings to the opisite of the one that is currently in the configuration.h file for the ones going in the wrong direction.
See this post http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=16061

ritzy

Post by ritzy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Also the biggest issue you will have is aligning both of the extruders.

I have a permanent solution at http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=10